Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sixth Splashes


Nothing was more assuring than the moment the sun broke into the sky on the 4th day we invaded Sabah. Everyone was refreshed and ready for the next destination =) But of coz, food comes first as usual ;D

^Western breakfast for only RM6!! Wthell, Sabah, it is laik a conspiracy. Stop making me feel bad coming back to West Malaysia -3- And sorreh for the state of the food... It was only after I ate halfway that I remembered to snap a picture of it -___- Oh well, least most of the ingredient is still in the picture when I took it ;D

^ :D

Next destination: Poring HOT SPRINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Most awaited destination!!! *kira kira* I didn't even know hot springs existed in my country (so-called Malaysian) until Devilene told us about it! Who said you need to go to Japan for hot springs? Bwuahaha! StillwannagotoJapan'shotspringthoughehe~

Plus note: On the way to the hot springs, I finally noticed how FRIENDLY Sabahans are. I mean, all I did was looked at the window (innocently) at the Sabahans and they actually smiled at me *3* Friendly people, I like I like 8D

Before we entered the heavenly place, we stopped by this lil stalls (a lot of stalls in Sabah, oh yes 8D) in front of the hot springs where I discovered new couple models oho oho oho~

^ HEEHEE HEEEEEEEEEEEE sorry I seriously can't help myself *__* I am you guys' mother after all! You both shall have no qualms bout it! rawr~! (inside joke)

So, k. After shopping for a bit, we entered ze heavenly place! *angel music and holy voices singing* It is called the Poring Hot Springs but really it is awhsumly... HUGE. It contains not only hot springs but, a waterfall, a canopy walk, a butterfly park, a bat park (?) and etc (AKA can't remember). Sadly, we only got to enjoy the hot springs as we lagged in the utter blissfullity (I do not care if it is not a word!) and our dear Father up there saw it fit to emo and blessed us with His holy tears. Yes, Im grateful, Father and no, no, I was not being sarcastic.

So ANYWAYS, yes pictars first ;D

^ ^w^~~~~~~

^ The sign is there for a reason ;D The water in that pond/column/tiled box is completely made up of sulphurrrrrrr 8D So, for display only~~ For those who thinks they are manly beyond manly, yes of course you can try~ Make sure you has insurance first ;D

So after soaking for hours? Devilene and me decided to go explore the Cold Pool. Yes, of course, when there is a Hot Pool, there be the Cold Pool 8D Personally, I prefer the Hot Pool. It was the best sensation ever boiling yourself alive. We should have tasted the water back then... See if we are tasty or not ROFL Cold Pool does NOT live up to its name as it is not cold but extremely godforsakenly COLD. ....... But there is a slide... 8D Who can resist a slide? Who can... resist... a... SLIDEEEEEE? Especially to a childhood depriver laik me oho! So then, we spent another hour in there as we only paid for an hour |D Money, money wai do you have to goooooooo in another's pocket? Sadface.

^ Devilene's dad. Yes, he is such a sport 8D Kinda reminded me of..... my dad O__O When I find the picture, I will do a comparison later huehuehue.

After the Cool Pool, we went BACK to the Hot Pool oh yesssssssssss~ That is how much we heart it 8D We even had our lunch IN the Hot Pool ohoho~ Made everything a lot tastier (exaggeration). We planned to have a canopy walk later but then the clouds went darker and His tears poured down on us .__. Buh bye, canopy walk... We shall conquered you next time! *determined*

NEXT STOP! > Kundasang War Memorial. But this destination was slightly put on hold as Devilene's mum came across...

^ A Rafflesia said to have BLOOM! Oh the luck!! *__*

So apparently, Rafflesia takes from 9 to 12 months just to make it to a full-bloom stage then it dies a week later. There are no seasons for Rafflesia and thus, its full-bloom stage is unfortunately, unpredictable. Devilene's mum who has been staying in Sabah all her life said she had only witnessed the Rafflesia in full bloom twice. Said that we were lucky people :D

It was a long driveway up just to reach the Rafflesia. We were all being rebellious, started sitting at the back of the jeep hoho XD One of the things you can't do in KL =/

And when we reached!

^ Rafflesia (full bloom)

I couldnt get the picture of the seed of the Rafflesia nor the decayed one because it was a little too far and the picture went blurry zzz So may the God of descriptions bless me the right words so I can give you guys a general picure on how they look like. The Rafflesia basically started from this small seed the size of a Panadol pill. Which then grow into this cabbage-looking-like thing but it is black. With petals around it. This petal slowly detached itself from the cabbage and becomes full grown like the Rafflesia in the pictures above. See the insides of the Rafflesia? When it dies, all is left the insides (black, as well) and in that stage, it is said to stink like that of a human corpse.

And no, it didn't stink when we were there but flies were already surrounding it, as they act as carriers for the flower. After we were satisfied with stalking the Rafflesia, we then left for flower photoshoot!

^ Mah camera works best when it is Macro 8D *smothers camera with love*

On the way back, as the hill was very steep, Devilene, her brother, ExitZero and I decided not to sit at the back of the jeep but walked back instead 8D

^ And there they go...... Wait for Mummy lah oi! Jatuh baru tahu! (RenRen: It means, "Fall down only then you realise!" XD)

^ And we found mini waterfalls! 8D Nice cold water *__* When it doesn't touch me bodeh, that is zzz

^ Look at them explorers 8D

^ Look at them trying to be fishes. Oho, so proud of them ;D

^ 21F!!!!!

So after being differed for quite some time, we are finally making our way to Kundasang War Memorial 8D

BUT BEFORE THATTTT rofl!

We stopped by this infamous (got it from Google LOL) vege stalls which sells more than vege and more flowers photoshoot 8D

^ Tis they called the Ballerina flower ;D

Nothing much new UNTIL deng deng dengggg Devilene's mum bought leaves. Yes, people. Leavesss. FRIED leaves! For the 18 years of my life living, this is my first time eating fried leaves. And I can't believe I am gonna type this but the leaves are... Yummeh. Period.

^ LEAF! Ngiao I wanna eat one now ;___;; *stomach grumbles*

It had been pretty misty the whole day until JENG JENG The mist dramatically cleared off, slowly dissipating, showing us the long-awaited majestic sight....

The TIP of Mountain Kinabalu.

Lol damnit! It was good enough!

^ Yah Malaysia~ Even with all the racism issues happening here, I still love you ;D

^ OHO! Oh yes, my dear son-in-law (ExitZero) is such a sweet guy, getting fresh pretty roses for dear Devilene *__* Best part is that it is cheap! And well more worth buying than any roses in KL zzzz

^ Sobz sobz. So sweet. It is breaking my heart ;___;;

^ Mt. Kinabalu says bye-bye D:

AND YES finalleh! Kundasang War Memorial! A memorial dedicated specially to the Prisoners of War Camp (consisted of mainly Australians, few British and etc) who fought for Sabah but was forced to do a death march from Sandakan all the way to Ranau ( LONG LONG WAY) by the Japanese. Only 6 Australians survived out of the 2400.

^ Flag is sent by an Australian man who was deeply moved with the memorial.

The memorial is breathtakingly beautiful. It was the best dedication ever seen and may the PoWs rest in peace. Along with those who tried to help them.

^Australian Garden

^ Cheers me up 8D

^English Garden

^Borneo Garden

All of the gardens are decorated with a LOT of flowers but thanks to my camera battery dying, I had to limit myself in taking pictures.

^Into it we went.

^ And what stood before us, it was like we are in Heaven. Credits to ExitZero for his amazing shots 8D Yes, mother-in-law say nice means nice. Dun contradict, young man ;D

^ All the names of the heroes sacrificed in the war.

The whole walkway stretched out into a semi-dome-shaped area also with open air space. The first thing you will see once you stepped into it is Mt. Kinabalu itself. In my case, I see my dear friends there, enjoying the scenery ;D

We left soon after. On the way to another destination = National Park, the scenery out of the car window was magnificent! Devilene's parents who noticed our enthusiasm stopped the car by the roadside, allowing us to get some pictures 8DDD Thanks so muchhhh!!!

^ The mist ish eating the hills!!!

^ And National Park, beautiful although it was closed when we reached but no sweat, we were getting fatigued anyways.

^ Random tourists.. They were in my way of the scenery rawrrrrr (If the tourists in the picture happened to read this, it is just a harmless joke. Not racist comment, but a joke. Chill~ ;D)

^ TRALALALA~

^ Isn't she adorableeeehhhhhhh

And lo' and behold, whu has turned OLD on that day??! It was ExitZero's birthdayyyyyy!!! 8D Where we all sang awhsumly loudly for him in public BAHAHAHA He shy shy later *__* I can't believe my son-in-law is older than me now -___-

We went for dinner then > All of us dying of hunger 8D

^ Yay Sabah~! ^w^

5 comments:

  1. awesome piccies on the flowers.. ho ho ho.. sho naise.. D= i wanna go Sabah now.. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLWHUT everyone says that now |D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly everyone i know BEEN to Sabah.. OTL.. I'm sooo outdated.. D=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foon: And u call urself a Malaysian hohohoho XD

    Laurie: I nuuu riteeeee *does gesture*

    ReplyDelete